Friday, November 21, 2008

It's a Girl!!!

On Friday November 21st at 12:33 in the afternoon we were blessed with the birth of our baby girl, Avery Alyn Sonsel. She weighs 7 pounds 3 ounces and is 21 inches long. The labor and birth went smoothly and Marla and Avery are both doing great. We got to take her home on Saturday afternoon. Here are a few pictures of our new baby. The three of us would like to thank everyone for their thoughts, prayers and support.


One Last Belly Shot, 5:45am


Getting prepped for the big day.


They broke Marla's water at about 9:45am, she was in labor for about 2 hours, and after 40 minutes of pushing, at 12:33pm Avery Alyn Sonsel took her first breath.


Dr. Duke cuts the cord.


Mom and baby meet for the fist time.


Getting cleaned up by the nurses.


A quick check of her vitals showed everything was looking good.


First Kiss


Second Kiss


What the Heck Just Happened to Me?


Sleepy Girl


Wittle Bitty Feet


Baby Burrito


This is kind of interesting. One percent of babies have a "True Knot" in the umbilical cord. It is not harmful unless it gets pulled tight before birth.

11 comments:

The Callaghan Family said...

Awesome!! What a wonderful story, beautiful girl...so precious!! Can't wait to meet her, hope you're all enjoying her!! Talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

What an amazing story and what a beautiful baby and name for her! I'm so excited for you guys!! give her kisses for me!! Congratulations! I am happy you are both healthy and home enjoying being a family!! Love you guys!

Love, Stacy

Alissa M said...

Congratulations Marla and Jake on your beautiful addition to your family!! She is absolutely precious!!!!! I love her name. So happy to hear that everything is going so great!! Love yall! =)

Alyssa Carrigan said...

Congrats Marla!!! You did awesome! She is so cute, and I love the name. I'm only 8 weeks away now, and I can't wait for the big day. How exciting to have her for the holidays! What an amazing gift!

Melissa said...

Congratulations Jake and Marla, she's so beautiful!!! We're so glad everything went smoothly and look forward to many more pictures. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving :)

Sandy said...

Thank you for sharing your special day. I am so happy to hear that Marla & Avery are doing great. Hope to see you all very soon!

Anonymous said...

Loved the pics.....she's really a pretty baby! I'm glad everything went well for you. But I have to tell you, when I saw the pics of the umbilical cord, I felt slightly nauseous!! :)

Lisa

Ben's Mom said...

Ohhhh yeah!!! I am so happy to hear she is here. Leighanne, Melanie and I were JUST tonight talking about when we would be updated of her arrival.
And I love love love the name.

Anonymous said...

I have been waiting anxiously for this news!! What a wonderful treat to come home and find this waiting in the in-box! She is a beautiful little miracle! Nice job on the speedy delivery, Marla! Congrats to you both!! Love Jamie, Leigh Anne and the boys!

Shannon said...

Congratulations Jake and Marla! I am glad labor was swift and Avery is healthy. Gracie was so excited to see you are a mommy Miss Marla! We will have to come by and visit soon.

Love the Coreys

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Marla!!!! She is a cutie and I love the name. I am glad that all of you are doing well. I heard your mom is getting to stay with you for a while, that is great. Take care and hope you have a very Merry Christmas and an even better New Year with your little one. Love ya, Sonya Hicks